The WGC-HSBC Champions was created in 2005 and held annually for six years at the Sheshan Golf Club in Shanghai, People’s Republic of China before moving to the Mission Hills Golf Club in Shenzhen in 2012. It has since returned to Sheshan Golf Club.
This has been World Golf Championships event since 2009. Played in November it is the fourth stroke play tournament on the WGC calendar. The field consists of champions from the most important tournaments around the world since the previous WGC-HSBC Champions tournament.
Sheshan Golf Club
Length: 7,266 yards
DID YOU KNOW?
- In order to qualify for the event a player must fit under the following criteria:
- Winners of the four major championships and The Players Championship
- Winners of the four World Golf Championships
- Winners of the 20 top rated PGA Tour events
- Top five available players from the FedEx Cup
- Winners of the 20 top rated European Tour events
- Top five available players from the Race to Dubai
- Four players – winners of the top rated Japan Golf Tour events, remainder from Order of Merit
- Four players – winners of the top rated Sunshine Tour events, remainder from Order of Merit
- Four players – winners of the top rated PGA Tour of Australasia events, remainder from Order of Merit
- Six players – winners of the top rated Asian Tour events, remainder from Order of Merit
- Six players from China
- Any players, not included in above categories, in the top 50 of the OWGR
- A tournament must have a minimum ranking of 40 based on the Official Golf World Ranking system in order for that champion to be considered.
- MOST WINS: 2 Phil Mickelson
- BEST ROUND SCORE: 60 Brandt Snedeker (2012)
- AGGREGATE: 264 Dustin Johnson (2013)