Known as the , “The Westchester” this stroke play tournament was played at the Westchester Country Club since it’s formation in 1967. Then in 2008, it left the Westchester Country Club and now currently rotates amongst different clubs throughout New York and New Jersey. Originally this tournament was played in late June, however, now it leads off the PGA Tour’s playoff system for the FedEx Cup. The current purse prize is $8 million with $1.44 million going towards the champion.
This tournament venue changes every year:
2013: Liberty National
2014: Ridgewood Country Club
2015: Plainfield Country Club
2016: Bethpage State Park Black Course
DID YOU KNOW?
- Pádraig Harrington eagled the par-5 18th hole with a 65-foot putt to win the title in 2005.
- Ernie Els is the first player to win this tournament back to back. (1996,1997)
- In 2011, Hurricane Irene shortened the tournament to 54 holes.
- Only 125 players qualify for the event, based on the FedEx Cup points earned during the regular PGA Tour season.
- MOST WINS: 4, Vijay Singh
- AGGREGATE: 261, Bobby Glider
|Year||Player||To par||Earnings ($)|
|1998||J. P. Hayes||–12||324,000|
|Manufacturers Hanover Westchester Classic|
|1987||J. C. Snead||–8||108,000|
|American Express Westchester Classic|