This stroke play tournament is played each March at the Bay Hill Club and Lodge. The event was founded in 1979 and has had a number of different names since inception. On March 21, 2012, the Arnold Palmer Invitational and MasterCard Worldwide announced an extension to MasterCard’s “Presented by” sponsorship until the 2016 tournament. The current purse prize is set at $6.2 million with $1.12 million going to the champion along with 500 Fed Ex Cup points.
Bay Hill Club and Lodge
Bay Hill, FL
Length: 7,381 yards
DID YOU KNOW?
- Arnold Palmer has owned the Bay Hill Club and Lodge since 1979
- As a restricted field event on the PGA Tour, only the first 70 players on the previous year’s money-list are guaranteed invitations.
- The Arnold Palmer Invitational is one of only five tournaments given “invitational” status by the PGA Tour.
- MOST WINS: 8, Tiger Woods
- AGGREGATE: 264, Payne Stewart (1997)
|Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard|
|Bay Hill Invitational presented by MasterCard|
|Bay Hill Invitational presented by Cooper Tires|
|Bay Hill Invitational|
|Hertz Bay Hill Classic|
|Bay Hill Classic|
|Bay Hill Citrus Classic|
|Florida Citrus Open|
|Florida Citrus Invitational|
|Florida Citrus Open Invitational|