Today’s professional golfer is giving their fans access to not only their on-course activities but bringing them into their personal lives as well. A company called Hookit.com has compiled a list using all the popular social media platforms to show the impact the PGA and its players have had on social media.
So how did your favorite golfer fare? Hookit.com has your answer!
- PGA TOUR golfers have 36,457,436 million followers combined on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Tiger Woods nearly doubles Rory McIlroy in total social media followers with 8,291,276 to Rory’s 4,321,377.
- Rory is the king of social media Interactions (likes, comments, shares, and retweets) with 5,900,000 over the last year. Rickie Fowler is second with 2,500,000 interactions.
- Rory’s Nike shoes and Bose speaker giveaways are incredibly popular with 343,200 and 118,600 interactions, respectively.
- Danny Lee and Tony Finau have the highest percentage in new follower growth.
- Winning The Masters in April led to an unprecedented spike in web searches for Jordan Spieth.
[button color=”red” size=”big” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”http://bunkers.wpengine.com/47870/rory-mcilroy-concerned-for-tigers-return/”]ICYMI: Rory Concerned for Tiger’s Health[/button]