In 2011, Mizuno set out to make their longest and most forgiving irons ever, the JPX-800. Some would say they reached this goal. Well Mizuno has brought us the JPX-825, and has a great marketing campaign, “Play Famously”.
About the Technology:
The new JPX-825™ is the longest and most forgiving iron that Mizuno has ever created! To deliver exceptional ball speed and explosive distance, Mizuno engineers created an extremely thin and hot face utilizing MAX COR Technology. This game-changing distance is combined with the LARGEST SWEET AREA EVER in a Mizuno iron, to deliver the “Balanced Performance” that others simply can’t. Explosive distance WITH maximum forgiveness is what every golfer has been searching for, and the JPX-825 delivers.
For Mizuno to say that these are the longest and most forgiving irons they have ever created is a huge statement, and one that I think will garner a lot of attention. The JPX-800 was a great leap in technology, so improving on that technology will make for an awesome golf club.
- MAX COR pocket construction and Multi-thickness Hot Metal face deliver the highest allowable Coefficient of Restitution (COR) for amazing distance.
- Optimized MAX MOI Pocket cavity and extreme toe/heel weighting deliver Mizuno’s largest Sweet Area ever.
- Mizuno’s scientifically designed Harmonic Impact Technology ensures an extremely solid sound and feel at impact.
- Multi-material electroform badge to further enhance feel and deliver aggressive styling.
- Triple Cut sole design for ideal turf interaction from and lie on the course.
- Two toned Nickel Chrome plated for elegant and durable finish.
- Modified U-grooves produce the ideal spin rate for maximum playability.
The two toned Nickel Chrome plated finish provides an amazing look. The Utilization of Mizuno’s Harmonic Impact Technology (HIT) throughout the entire set strategically reinforces the cavity frame to deliver a superior feel at impact. Solid hits will feel amazing, as good as any club on the market. The large sweet spot will make for less mishits. These look and feel like a classic Mizuno Iron. Sleek, elegant, and buttery smooth.
As I said before, these are the longest, most forgiving irons Mizuno has ever made. With the history and quality of past Mizuno clubs, these are one of the best irons on the market.
The Mizuno site recommends these for golfers from a 10 handicap up to a 28 handicap. They are long and forgiving, so I can’t imagine any golfer not wanting to game these. I don’t know any golfers that aren’t looking to gain distance or forgiveness, so go ahead and try these out.