BEAVERTON, Ore. (September 12, 2013) – Young athletes looking to play like the pros now have a game-changing set of clubs to help them reach their goal. The Nike Golf VR_S Covert Junior set, available now at retail, features the same look, feel and signature red color as the VR_S Covert line of clubs made for adults.
The club sets, uniflex and available in two sizes, offer a range of Nike Golf clubs designed to promote proper swing fundamentals through ideal length, weight and aerodynamic design. Both the five-piece and seven-piece sets include a lightweight and specialized VR_S Junior Golf bag.
The Size 1 set features a driver, 7-iron, sand wedge and putter. As young athletes progress in size and skill level, they can transition into the Size 2 set, which adds a hybrid and 9-iron to the bag.
- Aerodynamic, oversized, ultra-light driver and hybrid with high loft to promote launch
- Rubber grips and graphite shafts for durability and controlled swing
- Wide sole, deep cavity back #7, #9 irons and sand wedge with a low center of gravity to help get the ball airborne
- Pro-style design putter with milled flat face for precision putts
- Lightweight carry bag with double strap for ease of carry; four-way divider to organize clubs; three zip pockets; and bag kickstand
Nike Golf VR_S Covert Junior set
Size 1 set: Driver, 7-iron, sand wedge, putter and bag (RH). Street price: $159
Size 2 set: Driver, hybrid, 7 and 9-irons, sand wedge, putter and bag (RH/LH). Street price: $199
Located at NIKE’s World Headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon, Nike Golf designs and markets golf equipment, apparel, balls, footwear, bags and accessories worldwide. Nike Golf is passionately dedicated to ushering in the future of this great sport by developing ground-breaking innovations that enable and inspire athletes to become better. For more information on Nike Golf, visit our Web site at www.nikegolf.com. To follow Nike Golf on Twitter visit www.twitter.com/nikegolf and to become a fan on Facebook go to www.facebook.com/nikegolf. To view Nike Golf videos subscribe to our You Tube channel atwww.youtube.com/nikegolf. Editors and journalists in the U.S. seeking editorial information and downloadable images, visit NikeInc.com. For international journalists, please contact Nike Golf’s public relations representative in respective countries for information.